Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Run, Run, Run by Anna

Wow! Today was a big day for everyone at Paremata School because today was Cross Country. It started with the year eight boys then the girls and then the year seven boys then girls and so on until it reached the year one girls. I was in the year three girls and coming fifth. I was very happy.

When Teresa started saying "On your marks, get set, go" was when I had the most butterflies in my tummy. I was scared but I was also ready and then Teresa banged the blocks together making the cue for us to start.

We had to go around the field then we went through the Peace Garden, onto the netball court, past  the dentist, out the gate, across the footpath, in the gate, across the basketball court and all again. When I got back onto the field after the second lap I was exhausted but it hadn't finished there, I still had to run around the field one more time. Then I had ran to the finish line! I was so happy, I walked down to my mum and dad. Then I said, "What a big day!".

No comments:

Post a Comment